Basset Training Course Info
Our online Learn2Serve Basset training course has been approved in Illinois by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission and fully complies with their requirements. Our Basset License is #5A-0062851.
Our course is approximately 4 hours in length, 100% online, fast, secure and 24 hour telephone support is available if needed. Upon completion of the course, you may print out your Basset Certification from any computer with a printer.
BASSET training is not mandatory in the State of Illinois, however some municipalities in the State of Illinois do require BASSET training. You are advised to check your local ordinances to see if it is required that in order to be employed at a liquor establishment, you must attend BASSET training. Please see Cook County statement below.
Mandatory Certification in Cook County by July 1st, 2015!
All servers of alcohol and bouncers who check ID must have their BASSET certification by July 1st, 2015 in order to work in Cook County which includes the City of Chicago. All new hires after July 1st. must have this certification within 120 days of being hired.
9 Additional Counties as of 07/01/2016
State law now mandates BASSET Training and Certification by July 1st, 2016 in these 9 additional counties:
St. Clair County
The ILCC encourages voluntary participation in seller/server training courses. BASSET training can also reduce an establishments' liquor liability insurance.
What this means to you as a liquor-serving employee is that you not only receive protection in the event of an alcohol-involved incident, but you will become more hire-able by these quality companies since you will already be certified by a program that is approved through the Illinois Liquor Control Commission Basset program.
Who Should Be Certified?
Who Should Be Certified? Anyone who serves alcohol in the State of Illinois should take this training and receive their certification (license).
- Bar Backs
- Liquor Store Clerks - MUST take the OFF Premise Course
How Do I Get Certified?
Follow these easy steps below to take your Basset alcohol training and receive your Basset certification.
- Enroll in our class by clicking on the "$14.95 Enroll Now" button above.
- Complete the Illinois Basset alcohol course online.
- Print your certification immediately.
- Receive your original certificate by mail.
The goals and objectives of the BASSET program are:
- Train and educate sellers and servers to engage in responsible alcohol service.
- Prevent DUIs and alcohol-related fatalities.
- Stop underage sales and underage drinking.
- Create safer communities and establishments where alcohol is served.
- Educate owners, managers and staff on state and local laws regarding alcohol service.
The BASSET program covers five topic areas in great detail: The physical properties of alcohol, intervention and prevention techniques, how to properly check identification cards and drivers licenses, and lastly, state, local laws regarding alcohol service, and Dram Shop liability.
The Illinois Liquor Control Commission (ILCC) licenses and administers the program. In order to conduct seller/server training courses a BASSET license is required. There are currently 136 BASSET licensees throughout the state. The licensees consist of independent contractors, businesses and law enforcement officers.
Your Enrollment Fee Includes:
- Access to Illinois Liquor Control Commissions approved online Basset alcohol certification course and exam.
- Toll-free telephone support.
- Printable, temporary certificate.
- Permanent Basset Certificate mailed within 3 to 5 business days.