Off Premise IL Basset - Liquor & Grocery Stores
Our online American Safety Council Basset Certification off-premise training course for liquor, grocery and convenience stores has been approved in Illinois by the Illinois Liquor Control Commission and fully complies with their requirements. Our Basset License is #5A-0062851.
When alcohol is sold "to go" at a grocery, convenience or liquor store, employees can encounter alcohol-related issues. The Illinois Liquor Control Commission recommends that owners and managers of these "Off Premise" establishments take the time and money to train their cashiers, clerks and managers with a "Basset Certification" program. Doing so may even lower your liquor liability insurance. Many times, the insurance reduction is greater than the training cost!
BASSET training is not mandatory in the State of Illinois, however some municipalities in the State of Illinois do require BASSET training. You are advised to check your local ordinances to see if it is required that in order to be employed at a liquor establishment, you must attend BASSET training.
Remember that "off-premise" indicates that the course is for establishments where the alcohol is sold and then consumed "off the premises" such as a six pack of beer, keg or bottle of wine. The course is 100% online.
Normal Price $24.95!$. Click To Enroll
Off Premise Basset Course Is For Liquor, Convenience and Grocery Stores Bars, Restaurants, Hotels.
Drinks by the glass MUST take the ON Premise Basset Course On Premise Course
Our Off Premise Basset Certification course for liquor, grocery and convenience stores is approximately 3 hours in length, 100% online, fast, secure and Toll-free telephone support is available if needed. Upon completion of the course, you may print out your Basset Certification from any computer with a printer.
Many businesses voluntarily send their staff to get trained to equip them with the skills necessary to prevent any alcohol-related mishaps.
The ILCC encourages voluntary participation in seller/server training courses. BASSET training can also reduce an establishments' liquor liability insurance.
What this means to you as a liquor-serving employee is that you not only receive protection in the event of an alcohol-involved incident, but you will become more hire-able by these quality companies since you will already be certified by a program that is approved through the Illinois Liquor Control Commission Basset program.
Who Should Be Basset Certified?
Anyone who serves alcohol in the State of Illinois should take this training and receive their certification (license).
- Liquor Store Cashiers
- Grocery Store Cashiers
- Convenience Store Cashiers
- Managers at Above Establishments
- Business Owners at Above Establishments
How Do I Get Basset Certified?
Follow these easy steps below to take your Basset alcohol training and receive your Basset certification.
- Enroll in our Off Premise course by clicking on the "Enroll Now" button above.
- Complete the Illinois Basset Off Premise alcohol course online.
- Print your certification immediately.
- Receive your original certificate by mail.
The goals and objectives of the BASSET program are:
- Train and educate sellers and servers to engage in responsible alcohol service.
- Prevent second-party sales and loitering.
- Stop underage sales and underage drinking.
- Create safer communities and establishments where alcohol is served.
- Educate owners, managers and staff on state and local laws regarding alcohol service.
The BASSET program covers five topic areas in great detail: The physical properties of alcohol, intervention and prevention techniques, how to properly check identification cards and drivers licenses, and lastly, state, local laws regarding alcohol service, and Dram Shop liability.
Your Enrollment Fee Includes:
- Access to Illinois Liquor Control Commissions approved online Basset alcohol off-premise certification course and exam.
- Toll-free telephone support.
- Printable, temporary certificate.
- Permanent Basset Certificate mailed within 3 to 5 business days.